Monday, December 8, 2008

Ugh..

What am I doing...........I SHOULD be grading book reports, Danger in the Desert lit logs, practicing for the Spelling Bee (I am the one who reads the word in a sentence-it is intense), making the sample ornament my students are going to make their parents for the holidays,or making my thank you gifts for my ever so faithful parent volunteers....
I choose blogging.

Anywhoo, I HATE my hair. It's not the cut, nor the color. I am actually pleased with both. My head of hair seriously has a mind of its own. It is uber (I despise that word) curly and I spend so long drying and ironing it. I know it has potential because when I have Jennalee cut and color my hair, she can fix it cute. It isn't that I don't buy the best products. In fact I am sure Ulta loves me. I walk in with SUCKER written on my forehead and anything they suggest, I purchase. I buy name brand shampoo/conditioner, I have a $120 Chi flat iron, Seriously Straight, and Chi hair serum.... see? the best.


So, I hear it is all in the wrist action when you blow your hair dry....I think that is where I am going wrong (although I have every size CHI ceramic round brush there is). I know that Dolce offers a blow drying class and I think I am getting desperate enough to take it.

Got suggestions? I need help from you cute hair girls... There are tons of you so cough up those secrets.

ps- did you know it was "all of a sudden" and NOT "All of the sudden?"

7 comments:

allie askins said...

i did not know it was all of a sudden.
that sounds like a 3 year old saying it.
i like your hair and i like it when you do it curly. do it curly for me soon??

Joy said...

dude hook me up with the ornament you're going to make! Do you have a template or something? I'm sorry your hair is a pain. Personally I think it's cute pretty much ALL the time. Mine on the other hand is a whole different story, I haven't done my hair in MONTHS. I should really get my act together :).

Kippy said...

Well I for one think your hair always looks cute! But, yes, I know what you mean about hair having a mind of its own. And I do remember you having a few calics(sp?) back in the day. Somehow those stylists can just blow dry it RIGHT! Let me know if you discover the secrets! (see you Sun!)

The Dillinghams said...

I am just too impatient to try to blowdry my hair that well:) But my hair is usually just thrown up in a pony. I think your hair is cute:)

We'll be in CA until Jan. 4 (really early). We might actually drive down to LA on the 3 and stay in a hotel. We'd love to see you!

laura said...

Haha! Blow dryer class? That cracks me up. I considering you lucky for having curly hair. I love it when you wear it curly!!

miss paige said...

Well, I am going to say I understand you hating your hair. Not because I hate your hair, but because I hate my hair. For the EXACT opposite reasons you hate yours. If you go to the blow drying class (which I think sounds awesome) then please listen up to any facts they have for those with fine, limp, straight, stringy, and flat hair problems. You know, if we just combined hair, it would be perfect! But, I think you always have it styled well and cut cute. So you shouldn't worry:)

Lindsey and Brett said...

I don't think that I consider myself a cute hair girl... so I'll just leave the advice to other people. But, I'm pretty sure that your hair always looks cute anyway. It sounds like we have similar hair actually. Mine can't really decide if it wants to wave or be straight. So if there is any moisture outside it's all kinds of puffy. Oh well.