Monday, December 1, 2008

30, flirty, and thriving.... and she is!

Happy 30th birthday Kate. You never made 30 look so good.......

There are so many things I love about Katie. She is the best "big" sister a girl could ask for.
Favorite Katie memories:
*Dying our hair white... no we didn't mean to, we got side tracked and left the bleach on too long. Not a pretty look.
*Our quick Disney trip when we drove all night, Disney'd all day, and about blew 400 bones on a hotel room because we couldn't walk another step. (The Magic Kingdom was our destination, "to have fun" was our explanation). Oh, and was that the trip we met Marsha? Oh, Marsha... she didn't have much but by golly she had her yearly Disney pass!
*Our first camping experience with friends.... we didn't even know how to set up a tent!
*Our trip to San Fran (meeting Chad, "hello folks.") and biking the Golden Gate while singing the Full House theme song!
* The "damn" goose
* Utah for conference. I could barely stay awake, you taught me to drive stick, I hit something bigger than a cat, but smaller than a bear, (while you all were asleep- I cried) and almost ran into a semi.. in your NEW car!
* Singing to 3 of Hearts and Austin going to and from church
* Katie set me up on a date with my crush, Jason when I was 16. It was the best night ever...
* Driving to Casa Grande with Lachelle Bridges and Amy Campbell to a swim meet and doing a little investigating.. I think this bordered on creepy!


Here's to 30 more....

5 comments:

allie askins said...

ah good post. i love katie.
good post.

shell said...

good one. you guys are good sisters? who's this brad character. all i get is a name nad nothing else

Stephanie said...

The askins girls have the best lives! and i love allie's ute hoodie.

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Drew loves you. I think you are his new favorite aunt!

Smith Family said...

That is so cute- what you did with your kids for Thanksgiving!! Can't wait till you have your next break and we can play! Maybe we can go to "AS YOU WISH" and paint something for Christmas!