Wednesday, October 8, 2008

For a loser, Vegas is the meanest town on earth

The Gills

"The Vegas" brings out very different personalities- I enjoyed seeing that this weekend. I wish I could accurately detail the trip, but a.) would take forever b.) never sound as hilarious as it was if you were there, and c.) I just wouldn't.
Here are just a few highlights....

Ate here and loved it... We somehow turned an hour and a half wait into 20 min.- skeeeelz! Katie was able to make a monumental purchase of 40$ flip flops, due to the unbearable pain her very adorable heels were causing. I include that only because of some other unfortunate things that happened to poor Katie. We hopped from place to place and found ourselves at Ghirardelli for a sweet treat. After we finished our treats, we got up to go dance to a live band playing not 5 feet away.. I look over and some guy was polishing off Katie's sundae. The girls wanted to claim he was homeless, but I didn't buy it... who does that? I documented the whole thing, but even the picture makes me sick- I will give him props for his "Robot" moves.. they were something fierce. We then went to Pure, inside Caesar's Palace, and met some hilarious Sveedish guys who kept us guessing at their sexuality all night. To me, all European men are metrosexual and it's really hard to tell if they are straight or not- Wasn't sold on their rhythm either, not the best dancers. ( I still giggle at the thought). They probably said the same about me. I did use my pseudo name, Sarah- you NEVER give your real info.?
The next day we went shopping at the Outlet malls and Katie got crapped on by a bird. (Notice the little spot on her back) That wasn't the worst, it was all in her hair. Katie didn't find as much humor in the situation as I did. See Katie, I told you there would come a point when you would laugh about it.........It was F-U-N-N-Y!
My first buffet! (They told me Home Town does not count Ben!) We went to dinner at Mandalay Bay and then to see.......
Loved it.... After the show we went to the Rum Jungle (inside Mandalay Bay) where we were invited to an exclusive party- no, but seriously we ran into some parents from our school who were at a private party there and invited us to join.
One of the best nights if you ask me....
Me. Lisa. Katie- After our Cirque Du Soleil show we stopped someplace to watch Rustyn Von Leigh sing... it was great. Katie met a new friend which kept me entertained all evening...The show was quite impressive- They make it look so effortless! Just so you know, my two goals for the trip were to run into someone famous and/or win some money. Neither happened.

1 comment:

shell said...

looks like a blast. what was the farnsworth name you were given? melody's daughter melissa is married to the mesa Farnsworth's. it's good.