(AHHH) I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.. parent teacher conferences are over and in less than 24 hours I will be on October break. YAHOOOO. I am also happy to report, I now like my class. I have been waiting for that to happen! :)
Tuesday we were going over the rubric for an upcoming book report. We were looking over samples from students last year, discussing what we liked and what could be improved. I had samples placed under the document camera which projects onto the board. My kids last year were phenomenal writers as well as illustrators which really impressed my kids this year. This darling little 10 year old girl with pig tails and glasses (and the cutest little speech impediment) raises her hand and says:
"Miss Askins, you better wear two pair of socks on the day these reports are due because we are going to knock your socks off." It was the funniest thing. Even funnier if you know the student and what is even funnier than that is how hard I laughed.
6 comments:
Oh I can just see it! I love it! I have a little boy in my class that has an Asian accent as well as a speech impediment, I can not understand a word he says!
too cute/funny. i love when you laugh hard. i remember you laughing so hard when my dad would say simply "peanut butter." great quality!
That is the funnies thing your student said! I would have cracked up so hard. How do they think of these things?!
I am so jealous you are on October Break already and DONE with PT conferences! I'm glad you are liking your class now, that always makes things easier.
ha. why? the ROX your SOX
Cutest story ever Audrey. I bet your job is so rewarding!
Post a Comment