Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve at Nan's. The whole Askins' gang.

You better believe we left cookies and a Diet Coke for Santa (Tanta as my dad would say)...
No matter how old, some traditions never change!This year we started something new. We got gifts for everyone, but then drew names to stuff that person's stocking... I got Allie. She is easy to buy for. We are both obsessed with High School Musical, well and Zac Efron (am I really admitting this?) so when I saw this shirt I knew I had to put it in her stocking... she wore it Christmas Day.
My sisters are the BEST.... they got me BON JOVI tickets for when he comes to AZ in April. Anyone who knows my tragic Jon Bon story will understand the thrill. Here is the short story: Two years ago when I heard he was coming I bought me, Kate, and Al tickets to go as their Christmas gift. So the concert week comes and I realize I have class that night. I emailed my teacher (to show responsibility- NEVER missed this stupid class) and basically my teacher is a wretched women. She told me if I was not in class, she would drop me. I kindly responded to her email letting her know it was BON JOVI who was making me miss class... um, did she not get it? Being so close to finishing up the semester I voted to go to class. I gave my ticket to Amy to go and see my love JON....I wish I could say the story ends there. I go to class and guess who isn't even there... my teacher- we have a sub. I mean really, in college? I cried. So on my way home from school (crying) Allie calls me laughing... she said when they went to go find their seats there was a security guard standing there to tell them the seats printed on their tickets did not exist and he would "have to" move them to the floor. Seriously? Only crap like that would happen to me. Well, they were kind enough to bring me a t-shirt. I cried. BUT now I can wear that shirt loud and proud to get pumped for April 11th....
This is really how I looked after jumping up and down and screaming... they are the best sisters ever!!!
Off to Ring in the New Year with my favorite mouse! (Mickey that is..) Happy New Year. (Al, you better say it like Tanner)

6 comments:

laura said...

I love your Bon Jovi story! That is so sad. I was bummed I missed the ugly sweater party. I had a gift and sweaters for me and Tylie and everything, and then she got really sick. It looked fun. Have a great time with Mickey!

Amy John said...

Yay! You get to go! What a nice gift from your sistas! is this your first Bon Jovi concert? Oh, and I was laughing so hard when I read about your obsession with HSM and Zac... I am the same way!!! I have pics on my blog from when I saw them all at Dland... I LOVE HSM!!!!!!

Leanne said...

Audrey,
I am Joey and Julies friend, Leanne. I know you from The Treasure Chest. I have lot's of boxtops and if you email me your address, I'll drop them in the mail to you.
My email is msuspartan1983@msn.com.
Happy New Year!
Leanne

allie askins said...

HAPPY NEW YEEEEE-AAAA.

Celeste Caldwell said...

Aud, you seriously crack me up!! I am so excited for you to see Bon Jovi. Your story was so tragic. Blast that teacher. You better clear the whole month of April so nothing pops up. Thanks for the fun pictures!!

Joy said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! BON JOVI, WOOHOO!! I totally remember that night! You are way too responsible, I would've just gone to the concert and faked sick :). She was a wretched teacher, I'm glad it's in the past.