Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cousins ARE neat- always have been, always will be

Because we all look so pretty (esp you Kate) I will give a shout to the cousins. They are the best. Kip, remember when we laughed SO hard in the hallway at the Coolidge house my mom threatened to drive you back to Mesa? We could not get it together... I love our memories. Sometimes I will catch a wif of a good Cabbage Patch doll and it is our chilhood. OR, Nana's lipstick we used to sneak in to? Ahhhh, the good ol' days.
Anyway, it was fun to return to school this week and hear about what my kids did over break, what Santa brought them, etc. One even shared that she was anxious to come back to school because she was bored. I felt proud. Some of the girls commented that they thought I would look different, like have a new hair do or something. The break for me went a little too fast. I could have used another couple days to plan and prepare for this quarter. There is so much going on Spring Break will be here before I know it. Anyway, I was able to spend the break catching up with friends, many breakfasts and lunches out, my first go at guitar hero, staying up late and waking up when I wanted to and quick trip to Cali to stay with Jen. We rang in the New Year at the Happiest Place on Earth, and in my opinion the only way to start a new year. Right when we walked in the gates our camera battery died (Amy, I think it is dead- forever) and the sucker that I am purchased a disposable one at Disneyland's ridiculous price. None of the pics turned out that great so they will not appear on the blog. Welcome 2008! I must admit I am a little nervous as to what you have in store for me. Be good to me!


5 comments:

Amy John said...

I LOVE Guitar Hero!!! And the NEw Year at the Happiest Place on Earth? "Lucky!" (to be said like Napolean Dynamite)

allie askins said...

that was a good new years.
i don't know if i've ever been that tired in my life.
have you written your letter to zac yet?

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

God bless her, she was a great member of our family. We shared some great times with her and got some great shots out of her! Love you!

Kippy said...

Ahhh, I loved this post. I cherish our memories too. I couldn't have asked for better cousins to grow up with. I so remember laughing so hard your mom threatened us. What about watching recorded episode after episode of full house, or us swinging allie around in the living room and slamming her head/ear/earing into the wall, or riding our bikes super fast past the killer dogs house. I could go on and on. Thanks for the walk down memory lane :)

daniel said...

We celebrated the holidays right, that's for sure! You at Disneyland California and me at Disneyland Hong Kong.