Monday, July 12, 2010

89 weeks..and counting

89 weeks feels like forever. Tonight I am missing my favorite baby brother.....
a lot.I look forward to his emails on Wednesdays. Haven't been able to get through one dry eyed. I am so proud of him, I know this experience is not easy. My favorite is when he told his already paranoid sister this...."Jezley (someone he is teaching) is a great guy, he has had problems with drinking and drugs and he did kill a guy like a year ago. He served time in prison, but he really is a great guy. He loves us so much and he loves it when we come over." hmmm, I'm sure.

Summer break has reacquainted me with a forgotten love, online shopping! I LOVE having something waiting for me at the front door after a nice lunch with friends, laying out, or running errands. I think I get this from Papa. Remember when he would order everything from QVC ?
Recent purchases include....
You better believe I will be wearing this at Meet the Teacher, NEXT THURSDAY!
(ahem, let me catch my breath!!!)

Too many of these to count....
(LOVE me some Barnes and Noble and with my membership I get
free shipping. How can I resist?)

Other purchased items will not be posted in hopes of keeping a VERY cute gift for baby Turner a surprise until Brittany's shower Saturday.... I have never been good at keeping secrets- Well, at least the present kind. I will not even tell her what it rhymes with.

Please, please, please, make sure you put this at the top of your summer reading list. Have I mentioned I LOVE her? I am convinced we would be best friends. Sadly, I admit to trying to coordinate a California trip to a book signing. I am that serious .
This definitely needs to be added to the list too. I LOVE Peeta. Like love him. If you have read it, how do you pronounce his name? Allie and I laughed for HOURS when we realized I was saying it like Wendy from Peter Pan (Pee- tah), and she sounded like Janet, a friend of hers from NY!

*and Ps.... how do I arrange my photos a little cooler than what I got going on? B-O-R-I-N-G!

2 comments:

The Dillinghams said...

LOVE Hunger Games...I'm starting to reread right now so that I'm ready for the new one in AUGUST!!! I guess I say Peeta like Wendy, too! Haha. We are so excited for you girls to come here in Nov. too. We should plan a thing or two to do:)

allie askins said...

well, your pictures do look cool cuz that picture of tori looks like you were there! not kidding.