Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is it Spring Break yet?

Last week was frustrating. Frustrating due to several different situations I was needing solutions for and I was struggling to find a quiet moment to stop and think about how to handle things. I feel so much of my day is spent ironing out issues and looking for ways to resolve problems I am left wondering how much teaching I get done. I was feeling stressed, irritated, overwhelmed, and ready to cry. It happens in this profession. I was greeted early Thursday morning with this poem:

Dear Miss Askins,
Miss Askins you have helped me grow smarter can't you see?
When I grow up, a teacher like you I will be.

I will follow your example
So in school I won't get trampled.

Miss Askins can't you see,
I've grown smarter, YES ME!!
Your student,
HS

Things were looking up...I knew it would be a good day.

Today I spent a couple hours after school at Peter Piper with some kids from school. What a great time we had. (Kris, I know you won't mind me posting this) :)

7 comments:

Joy said...

Man I feel the same way. That is such a sweet poem! I'm sad I didn't see you this past weekend!

allie askins said...

oh peter piper!!!
how fun and yummy
and just read your post about dad leaving that bachelor note for mom.
one word

adorable.
i love him.

Cheryl Elmer said...

That is the sweetest poem ever. You are a great teacher.

Peter Piper sounds really good!

Kippy said...

okay my dad got into the bachelor too! and he wont deny it. it's why i started watching. so funny, but that note might be the cutest ever!!! and happy spring break you awesome teacher you!

allie askins said...

ok spring break has come and gone, which means you need to update.

laura said...

How neat that you will impact these kids lives forever! They will always remember you. I know you must be the best teacher ever!!

allie askins said...

k you need to update.
i'm sick of looking at this post.