This and That
My mom LOVES candy. I definitely know where I get my sweet tooth. She has "candy" stashes hidden all over the house but luckily most of us know right where to go! She has gotten very creative over the years. First, check the bread maker, you are guaranteed to find something sweet in there. One of her favorite treats are these suckers we get at the scrapbook store...One night I walk up the stairs and I peek in her room and I see this. She is in a dead sleep, with her sucker hanging out of her mouth. Doesn't this seem like something a little kid would do? Classic. Mom, don't worry I didn't take one and I didn't eat your Big Hunk's.
5/1/08- I have needed one of these nights so bad.. I love getting together with the ol' high school gang and laughing until I seriously think I will pee my pants! One of the best things about "growing up" is seeing my friends become such cute moms! Amber, Jenny, and Stephanie are all pregnant and due within a couple of months of each other. Ah, I just love it.. (l to r) Amber (Koski-Sanborn) Kremlachek, Jenny (McBroom) Andrews, Stephanie (Sharich) Rich, Adrienne Eulate, me, and Michelle Fries.
5/2/08 Ashley and Mark Huston had an extra ticket to the D-Backs game and invited me to come with them and Eric. We had great seats and although the D-Backs lost, it was fun to spend an evening with them!
I love, but hate this picture. Love it because I adore my brother. It is proof he is really growing up and no longer my little baby and I hate that. He looks so old- He took his best friend Haley to Prom this year. They had a great time and they looked darling. Other fun things... Allie and Aaron are "officially engaged," whatever that really means. Her ring is beautiful...Check out her blog for engagement details. July 18th will be here before we know it! YEAH!!! 5/5-5/9- This week was teacher appreciation week- My most favorite treat was a poem that one of my students wrote. I seriously read it and cried. I am already getting emotional about the end of the year and giving up my class. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for summer and a break, but I will miss these kiddos. One little girl was so excited to give me a Zac Efron poster she tore out of one of her "Teen Beat" magazines. Well, I am sure they are called something different now, but that was the magazine we read when we were little. Anyway, my room mom had my door all deocrated Monday morning-My kids' faces were on dollar bills. So sweet!
6 comments:
I love your classroom stories! I am still kicking myself for not having been to see your class yet. Do I still have time to come see them before the school year is over?
I really NEED a girls night with YOU! Can we have one soon. We need to go get Gecko, listen to Back for Good and do some investigating. We need to do this soon! Miss and love you!
your kids are my favorite. bring the poem home. now. that picture of mom is priceless and so our mom. although i do agree with dad, that is kinda mean. ha. anyway, love you DIR.
you kicked all 'yalls trash in farkel last night?
mwah hah ha ahhhaa.
Oh my gosh Aud I LOVE that picture of your Mom... CLASSIC! Does she know you posted that? I can here her now yelling you name....
Can't wait to see you in July!
I love seeing what you are up to! I am sure you are busy with school ending. And that picture of your mom cracked me up. It reminds me of my dad. Love ya!
I think the sweet tooth comes from Nana. I started laughing because I too have several stashes (above micro, in the kitchen aid mixer, bottom of tissue box in the car, etc)
Audrey!! Hey there-- How the heck are ya? I completely stumbled upon your blog and I'm so happy I did. I can't believe your a teacher. That's so awesome!!!! I bet you're the best teacher! My blog is private (I'm a little paranoid mommy!!) so I need your email address so I can send you an invite. Will you email it to me: pcox413@aol.com? I'd love to catch up and stay in touch with you. I hope you're doing well.
-Pam (Winnett) Cox
Post a Comment