Saturday, November 14, 2009

I realized 3 things today

1. I lack wit. and it bothers me. (Allie, remember that time we were at a bookstore and were going to buy a book that would help us become funny? We should have gotten it.)

2. It IS the most wonderful time of year. Here is why. Cardigans. Everywhere. Thank you Banana, you make me happy.

3. I can't go to Barnes and Noble and just browse. I love (and own- thanks Ash) this book and now there are 2 more!!!!
The author randomly began handing out postcards to strangers and leaving them in public places- He asked people to write down a secret they had never shared and mail it to him. anonymously. The secret could be a regret, fear, betrayal, desire, confession, etc. It just has to be true and never shared with anyone. For the last couple years I have been thinking of what my "post-secret" is. I think I finally got it! Sadly I had to put that book back on the shelf, (along with several others) but could not leave without...and read it in one day (thank you Veterans!). Who would have thought Stephanie Judith Tanner would have turned into such a mess? Pin a rose on your nose.

Post Secret confessions (from the book, not me):
-I only pick up my dog's turds when people are watching.
- I still suck my thumb, I'm 18.
- I used to think the rhythm was gonna get me.
- I can eat a dozen donuts in one sitting.
- I waste office supplies because I hate my boss.
- Sometimes I put coins in other people's parking meters.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Do you check this too???
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

allie askins said...

lets get the book.
i realized one thing yesterday.
I'm not witty.
book=pronto.

Lindsey and Brett said...

I love the Post Secret books! Some of them are so funny... some of them are also sad or creepy... I don't like those ones as much as the funny ones.

The Dillinghams said...

Those books look great. And I totally feel like the same way about the blog. I am so not clever about my posts. Oh well, mines mostly so the grandparents stay happy:)

Unknown said...

I could easily eat a dozen Krispy Kremes in a sitting. How sick is that? Thank you for the posts.