Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer in pictures

Hard to believe my night owl days are over... no more driving to Allie's to layout and hitting Sonic happy hour on the way home. Those days will be missed, but after Meet the Teacher Thursday, I am anxious to get this school year started! Here goes:
Nashville- What a trip...fun was had, songs were sang, people were met, and memories were made. Concerts all day, concerts all night- for me, that is my happy place. Just posting a few of my favorites...
Traveling companions: Kristen and Erica
Lady Antebellum- stunning.. although she needed a bra. Doesn't she have a stylist? Yeah, they would be fired.
Luke Bryan- new to the country scene and I am now a fan...
Can never go wrong with a little Clay- Cheryl, he was looking for you. AND I thought of you when he was doing his hip thrust dance... you know which one I am talking about.
The first night after Brooks and Dunn and part of Reba performed, the concerts were cancelled due to the stupid weather. That was the night I was looking forward to the most. We didn't get to see Brad Paisley, Deirks, OR Rascal Flatts...we left the stadium in the POURING rain, hailed a limo (seriously that was the only thing we could find. it was raining. and my hair was on its way to looking like the bride of frankenstein), paid a very pretty penny to ride in style to meet up with my friend Jay at the Tin Roof and listen to Phil Vassar's band play. We sang and enjoyed mingling with the locals- we HAD to introduce ourselves to 5 new people. We left with some friends we made (smart, right?) and lived like Nashvillians. Amongst the friends we made, we met Bobbi with an I. You tube Phil Vassar's new video, Bobbi with an I, and you will recognize THIS guy. He was hilar.
Jake Owen.......
I sat next to these girls every night at the night concerts. So cute. From Nashville.
Kenny- Apparently Kenny is a pretty small guy. One guy described him as a "gnome." "He is a freakin lawn ornament." I laughed. More than laughed, I could hardly breathe.
While waiting for our flight at the Nashville airport, I spotted a very nice looking man with plaid shorts, ball cap, talking on his cell. Yup- it was Phil. Phil Vassar is my Tim McGraw, my Kenny Chesney, my country love. Before I could even think, my feet were walking toward him and before I knew it we were side by side. He was off his phone and looked and me and smiled. The only thing I could spit out was, "hi." I don't remember the conversation (or have made myself forget) because I started talking too fast, and giggling too much. I remember telling him I was from Phoenix and he was going to San Diego with his band (behind him). I think I also mentioned that I see him everytime he is in Az and maybe, just maybe asked about his daughters.. I hope I didn't, but it may have slipped out. I regret not taking a picture with him but still laugh when I think of the whole encounter. I was feeling a little stupid with the approach, and a lot stupid for what I said...... oh Audrey.
_________________________________________________________
Weekend trip to Roosevelt Lake with the Alder's. We spent the night in their house boat (the only camping I will do- counts, right?), and enjoyed boarding and tubing and most of all the Asian.
Yeah ALLIE!!!!!!!
__________________________________________________________
Father's day: I love my Daddy because he speaks Spanish (gibberish) and can make me laugh.
_________________________________________________________
Girls weekend in Sedona- Teacher friends and I spent 4 days in Sedona relaxing. We stayed in this posh time share where there was a flat screen in EVERY room (5) and a bathtub to fit 4...I could get used to that.
_________________________________________________________
WICKED!!!! was wonderful, especially from 3rd row! Katie and I were in heaven!Me and Gaaaalinda.
________________________________________________________
Dilling-dams came for a visit. We got to go watch Brooke and Layne play in some volleyball tourneys. They are pros, just like their sis. _________________________________________________________
Over the years I have saved shirts from vacations, high school, concerts, etc. with the idea to hand em over and pay someone to make a quilt/blanket for me. Heather offered to help me make it- I warned her before hand what she was dealing with... I am pleased with the outcome- thanks for your patience Heather. This is one of my highlights this summer.
I moved classrooms and miss my yellow hallway friends. My new room is ready (thank goodness cause the darlins come tomorrow!!!) I kept the dots, but incorporated more color. Loving my vinyl Katie and Kris...thanks so much!
_____________________________________________________
Keith Urban- He just does it for me. I usually get annoyed with accents, but not his. My favorite photo of the night!We celebrated dad's 57th birthday today! We love you Biggie!!!! You are my favorite dad in the whole wide world.

Happy Annie??? PS- Congrats!!!!!! I am so excited for you! I think Chicago may just have to be on my "to visit" list!

9 comments:

Aimee Smith said...

Yeah!!! You did your quilt! It looks awesome! Good luck this year... I may call you in tears a few times!!

Kippy said...

Well I'd say you were due for an update! I can't even remember what all I wanted to comment on. But I do remember I am not a fan of the jokes on Kenney! I'll take him small and all :) Looks like you made the most of your summer. I love love love your hair! I miss your dad's gibberish and hearing his funny papers joke. i thought of that the other day for some reason. Good luck with back to school. I am looking forward to your funny stories!

PCox said...

Wow Audrey... You've been a busy girl this summer. I thoroughly enjoyed this post (and pretended these were my own summer adventures) since my big pregnant butt has styaed in my house or a swimming pool pretty much all summer. I haven't ventured out much!! :) So glad you live it up and enjoy every minute of your time off!!!! I hope you get a great class and enjoy your school year. Gotta tell ya... I'm LOVING your hair! Oh and I'm curious-- are there any yearbook T's on your blanket? :)

Cheryl Elmer said...

Wow! What a busy summer you had. I wish I could have done a road trip with you. It has been too long. Love that you got to see Clay. I nearly died laughing thinking about you making conversation with Phil! I love you!

AND NOW, FURTHER ADO said...

Hope the first days of school went super well! My nightmares have begun. Call me anytime you want to vent!

p.s. the "ga" is silent- it's just glinda!

Unknown said...

I need to go to musicals with you. I would have loved to have met Galinda, but my comrades weren't into that scene. I may have to tag along with you and Katie for next year's musical-fest

Richelle said...

HELLO THERE! My long lost friend. You are still as adorable as ever!!!

McKell and John said...

What a FUN sumer Audrey! I loved your Phil story, we all have one like that! Remember my Donnie encounter, it may have been worse than yours-I screamed his name right into his face one foot away. Good memories!!

Annie and Jason said...

Audrey I am feeling very boring after seeing your summer activities. I now have nashville on my top vacation list. AND YESSSSSSSSSS come to Chicago. You can stay with me :)