Tuesday, June 3, 2008

O' what do you do in the summertime..

So, school has been out for a week and let me tell you, I am LOVING this summer thing. I was surprisingly not as sad as I thought I would be on the last day of school. I always envisioned the last day to be full of tears while telling my kids goodbye as the bell rings. My kids were so funny the last day- they continued to make comments like, "this will be the last time I (fill in the blank) in your class." I just laughed. I had a student ask if she could sing a song for our class. She sang at our holiday party and I love to see her perform. She sang "For Good" from Wicked because she knows I love the musical. It was so sweet and I really think she sang so I would cry. Didn't happen. I made a slide show of all the pictures I had taken throughout the year and put it to music. I was for sure I would shed a tear while watching this with my class... not ONE. What kind of teacher am I?? HMMM....I burned a copy of the slide show for each of my kids so they could have a "digital scrapbook" of the year. They loved it. My first year teaching sure had its ups and downs, but was a great learning experience. My students were the best teachers- and they sure taught me a lot. These kids were a crack up and I will miss their sense of humor, "gossip" talk, words of wisdom, and much more. I even had one girl write me a note telling me "I think you have this teaching thing down." Well, thanks.
May 31- Allie and Aaron helped sell some of my junk from the storage unit to put toward their honeymoon. I think that is cute.
May 31- Kristen and I went to the Kenny Chesney Poets and Pirates tour featuring Gary Allan, and Keith Urban. Sammy Hagar was there but not with mentioning.. yuck! Gary has been a personal fave for years. mmm- Keith is another one that I love. Nicole Kidman is one lucky lady. I typically hate accents, but I could listen to his Australian accent all day.
Kenny was a bonus, but I went for Gary and Keith! Don't worry Kenny was there in his muscle shirt, but left the pucca shell necklace at home. Oh, and that is Uncle Cracker... ha!
June 1- Margaret Andrews threw Jenny such a fun baby shower. I can't wait for Trevin to get here! He is already one loved baby!!!June 2- We celebrated Mindy Udall's 37th birthday at Z'Tejas- Everyone needs a "Mindy" in their life. She makes life so fun- When I am around her, she does all the entertaining and I just sit back and laugh...Hope you had a great b-day Mindy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay Audrey!! Not sure if you'll remember me...but its Tiffany "Verwer", Tiffany Dinkelman now!! Your blog is so fun!! I would love to catch up, my e-mail is t_tdinkelman@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Aimee Smith said...

I don't know how you did not cry... I almost cry just thinking about having a class and them leaving! And I am so jealous about that concert I wanted to go so bad and they did not come here!

oh yes.. I did just get my hair done this week, it is pretty bright! I can"t wait to see you!

Smith Family said...

You are not a bad teacher at all- you were just excited for your kids to move on to their next grade- I am sure!!! I love the story about Mrs. McBroom-- love blossoms in the cutest ways! The digital scrapbook was the best idea- those kids will treasure that forever!!!

allie askins said...

everyone does need a mindy in their life.
i need that gun and i need it now.
she is funny.
good luck to us on tucson tom.
i'm just excited for the food that comes along with it.

laura said...

Way to go! I just know you are the best teacher ever! Seriously you need to come make a trip to Tucson. I would love to see you. I was so excited to see a picture of Jerry's new wife when I saw it was his wedding. What does she look like?

Joy said...

Let me tell you there were NO tears when I said good-bye to my class! I couldn't tell them to leave fast enough :). You are such a good teacher, making them digital scrapbooks and what not. I am jealous you went to that concert, AND I'm jealous of how TAN you are!! Sounds like you are having a blast!

Kippy said...

Do you know how Jealous I am that you went to Kenney?!? And don't you forget HE was the main event! I have been the past two years but we were at Powell this year dang it. Looked great as ever. And I really wish I could go back to 1st grade and have you as my teacher.