
Ever since we heard New Kids were going on a come back tour, Katie and I have been downloading our favorite songs, practicing the dance moves- somewhere we still have their dance videos on vhs........Today Katie and I were reminiscing on our first concert. My mom and dad took us to see New Kids on the Block when they came to Arizona oh, like 17 years ago. They let us each bring a friend and I definitely think this is where our giddiness/infatuations/obsessions started! Well, my mom was pregnant with Nathan at the time and anyone who knows my mom knows how she can be. (when I was young and I knew she was unhappy at a store, etc. I would just walk away quietly and pretend I was not with her). Anyway, we didn't have the BEST seats at the concert- they weren't bad, but being 7, we wanted to stand on our chairs to make sure our "boyfriends" (mine was Jonathan) could see us. Well, someone from Compton Terrace came and told us we were not allowed to stand on chairs and my mom freaked. Needless to say this is when her "spit fire-ness" works in our favor. She got so mad they ended up moving us pretty close to enjoy the rest of the concert. We were in hog heaven and loved every minute of it. At that point I didn't care that my mom looked like "the crazy pregnant lady," and let me tell you she did. SO, my question is when they come to AZ on their "Come back tour" anyone want to join us Askins' girls? I promise we will be ready to scream with posters that say "JOEY, MARRY ME," or "Donnie We Love YOU"! Just for old times sake of course. Shell and Kip, I think you need to be there. Leave your married/mom life behind for one night. You know you wanna.
6 comments:
i thoroughly enjoyed reliving that story about your mom. and i love her "spit-fire-ness!" i really can't believe they are making a comeback, but hey, i am SO there with you! c'mon how much can tickets really be?
when? where? and how much?
Why am I not suprised you guys are already practicing? I'd go. with a Tshirt and cutoffs. I did rip them out of People magazine for you.
PASS! So have fun with Jon tomorrow night. Think of me quivering from the cold air after I've been dunked mercilessly by my revenge-seeking class. It was supposed to be warmer this year!
I.AM.THERE.
because,
they got the right stuff...
baby.
You are so funny! I know a whole new Audrey now...get it! :) Love you and thanks for being so excited! I am thrilled!
Post a Comment