Wednesday, March 12, 2008

MADRE

So this is a conversation my mom and I had while running to Target...

Mom: I am lucky.


Me: Why mom?


Mom: Because I am not a Romanian gypsy and I don't have to eat my own vomit. How much luckier could I be?


Me: (laughing soooo hard) You are right mom, you are lucky.

7 comments:

Elder Nathan Askins said...

I can confirm she said this. Scary.

Kristal said...

how freaking awesome that your mom says things like that! And seriously, how lucky is she?!

Um, how do you know Von? And yes, I have one upped the world by getting to be her sister! We get to play some killer volleyball tomarrow together! Love her!

Amy John said...

Whoa, small world! That was so weird to see Kristal on here! How DO you know Vonda??
Oh and I was going to say that I totally remember your mom saying random stuff like that. I can totally picture that little scenario.

shell said...

your mom is freaking nuts. i love her so much. life is good right?! thank your mom for putting it back into perspective for me

Kippy said...

that is classic. thanks for sharing and for the laugh.

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I love your mom, I mean our mom!

allie askins said...

mom is carrrr-aaaaazy.
and that comment did not surprise me.
i walked into her taking a bath today (totally normal at the askins) and she was standing up... dancing.

unique is what i say.