Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Big Apple

Kate and I had a wonderful trip to see Cale, Ashley, and Dane. They were great hosts and we loved spending time with them. Dane is the cutest. We took the train from Connecticut into the city Friday and spent the day shopping, walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, and enjoying the sights of the city. This place is so random, and you see the funniest things. View of the Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn Bridge. Defying Gravity- Cale and Ashley, Katie and I went and saw Wicked on Broadway. It was absolutely amazing. Dane and I getting ready to hop on the train in Stamford.
We took a stroll through Central Park and a "little" further to find this place. It was recommended to us by one of Kate's co-workers and said that they have amazing hot dogs. He was right.

Central Park
Central Park- There was a dog show and I literally saw 3 of the ugliest dogs I have seen in my life.
This one not so much ugly, but just funny looking...
I want to own one of these some day. A little flower stand. I love walking by these and they are all over..... love it.
Rockefellar Center- People were already ice skating. That made me happy.
I'll be honest. Ashley Parker Angel is the main (one of them) reason why I wanted to see Hairspray again. I saw Hairspray when Jen and I went to NY in June, then the movie came out and I saw it a "couple" of times, went back to see it on Broadway again in October and the maddness does not stop there. I bought tickets for my family to go and see it when it comes to Mesa Center for the Arts in January. I love it. This picture makes me very happy, although I am pretty sure that he practices this pose in the mirror. I told all my kids in my class that he is my new boyfriend...
Yes, you are right... that is Lance Bass. Former N'Sync member, astronaut, author, now Broadway star. Umm really, why did he smile like that first off- Surprisingly he was a great Corny Collins.
Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pics. This is at Times Square... Thanks Dillingham's for the wonderful time. Hopefully, you will see us sooner than later!




8 comments:

The Dillinghams said...

Yay! I loved looking at the pictures, and can't wait to see more!! We miss you guys! Hope your class is going well:)

Kippy said...

Aud!! So cute and so fun!! It looks like you guys had a great time! I want to hear all about it. I love NY and how super that you got to stay with Cale and Ashley too. AND all you girls so sooo pretty!! Miss you!

audrey said...

Kip, hate that I cant comment back to you on YOUR blog. YOu need to get one. Can we get together soon? I miss YOU-

Elder Nathan Askins said...

Audrey- you captured our trip perfectly. Although you didn't put my favorite picture of Dane- the one where he has on his jacket, in his stroller, no shoes and eating his socks! It absolutely cracks me up!! But it was the best trip. I can't wait to go back. Maybe we should save for....December? haha. Just kidding- definitely we need to entertain Ashley this summer. (while we're looking for our eastcoast jobs!)Not to mention- I want to do one of those run/walks with Ash in Boston or somewhere. So fun!!

laura said...

Ahhhh!! Stop having so much fun! I love Wicked! I saw it here in AZ and I got Tylie a green onesie that said "Green babies rule" on the font and the back said Wicked. It was so cute. I can't beleive you saw hairspray AGAIN! I hate you! Not really, I love you but sometimes I wish I were you! :)

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

How fun! Those are such cute pictures! I'm so jealous, I love New York. And I have wanted to see Wicked for so long, the music in there is great! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Amy John said...

Audrey! This is Amy (Campbell)! You have such an exciting life!!! I loved reading your blog. I hope you don't mind. I just saw it when I was at Stacy's. Anyway, I might add you to my friends list and check every now and then!

Joy said...

How Fun!! I want to go back :(. I LOVE wicked, it was the best seeing it on Broadway! And I love that you love Ashley Parker Angel.. hilarous! You need to come over sometime.